1. How did you discover functional fitness/Crossfit?
I spent my younger years as a competitive runner and tried to pick it up again when I was in grad school, but got bored quickly. I knew of a few friends who did Crossfit, so I went to the one box the existed at the time in Riverside, CA (shoutout to Crossfit Riverside), did an intro workout, and never looked back.
2. What’s your favorite thing about coaching? Or what advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting their fitness journey?
My favorite thing about coaching is watching people get more confident in their abilities while learning new things. People are astounded when they do something that they never thought they could do, and that’s really exciting for them and for me.
3. What’s your sports /athletic background?
Track & field from ages 9 – 18. I was a sprinter/middle distance runner and long jumper.
4. If you’re not in the gym, we’ll find you ______
At home either working on my laptop or in front of the TV trying to clear my DVR.
5. What’s your favorite thing about CFK
I love the people and the atmosphere at CFK. We’re a pretty tight knit group and that really makes people feel welcome.