Please note that starting Monday, September 22 we will be implementing a $5 fee for people who reserve a spot in class but do not attend. The fee will automatically be charged to the payment method attached to your Wodify account, so please be aware that you must sign in when you arrive and or cancel before class so that someone else may attend in your spot! If you have any questions about this change you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for understanding guys, we’re trying to keep everyone accountable as classes do tend to fill.
Just a reminder that there will be a rowing clinic tomorrow morning at 11am at CFK! Open gym will still run as usual.
If you’re looking to improve your time or just want to know more about how to efficiently move on the rower then come out!
What you will learn:
-How to set up your rower for your size
-One-on-one technique work
– Explanation of all the functions (what do all those numbers mean!?)
-How to efficiently use your body to generate the most power
-How to plan for different WODs that include rowing
No need to sign up this week, we should be able to accommodate everyone by pairing up if need be! Hope to see you there!
For those of you who have never heard of it, the Whole Life Challenge is a 55 day online fitness challenge that you can participate in either by registering at the website above or simply following along with the challenge rules. The goal of the challenge is to check in before and after the challenge by recording your weight, body fat percentage and completing some sort of benchmark workout. After the challenge is complete you will check in again to see how you’ve progressed during the 55 days. Next, simply follow the WLC 7 Daily Habits:
- Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you (click for details). Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition.
- Exercise each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active. Ride your bike, surf, hike, even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 2 points for exercise. (Come to the box and get a good ass kicking in!)
- Stretch for at least 10 minutes each day. You earn 2 points for stretching. (Do some mobility!)
- Water One third of your body weight in oz. of water each day (20 ml per kg). You earn 1 point for water.
- Supplement with a dietary supplement that would make a difference for your body if you took it every day. You earn one point for your supplement.
- Live the WLC weekly lifestyle practice – things like sleep, meditate, & supporting others. You earn 1 point each day you complete the weekly lifestyle task.
- Reflect at the end of each day and check in with how it went and how you’re doing. No amount of numbers can paint the whole picture. Your daily reflection helps you see how the challenge is really going. You earn 1 point daily for your reflection.
You can check in on the website everyday during the challenge, or if you don’t want to sign up just follow along during the challenge period to keep yourself motivated. Whole Life Challenge starts tomorrow! This is just a fun and casual way to keep yourself in check for healthy happy living. If you’re interested, tell a friend and do it together! Good luck!